How do you correct using some1 else's identity when commiting a crime?

Now 1st & 4MOST.....this does not pertain 2me b4 any starts throwing stones, & this is a question 4those who have knowledge on the situation (in terms of the law n what not) so 4anyone who can offer insightful feedback please feel free 2 reply.... But the question is self explanatory. If some1's identity is used during a crime, how is that corrected, how is a warrant removed from the "innocent person" being portrayed thru the criminal. How is their identity protected, how is the legal side of it corrected, & how does the victim regain their innocence... all knowledge from both ends involving this situation is desired (both ends being the criminal as far as what steps 2 take in correcting it, & the victim, as far as redeeming their innocence)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Is is a long drawn out process. Go to your local police and make a police report, have yourself fingerprinted and send a copy of it to Federal Trade Commission along with your credit report and contest everything on it that is not yours. Place a credit freeze on your credit. Report all of that to The United States Postal Inspectors. Finally obtain an attorney that handles these cases. You might also want to download form 3949A from Internal Revenue Service, fill it our, make a copy and send it certified mail. This may entitle you to a Reward or 10% of what they find wrong. Good luck!

• Login to reply the answers
  • outler
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

"frequent" human beings devote crimes like detrimental sources and malicious mischief? i don't have a topic with the police utilising actual tension no be counted if that's needed. If the youngster is resisting arrest, then definite, it truly is positive to restrain him, in simple terms as that's very properly to bodily restrain an grownup who's resisting arrest. i think of this simply by fact i do no longer think of little ones could have a unfastened pass to devote crimes, even petty ones. If the police are not allowed to apply actual tension (understand, i'm no longer speaking approximately intense or violent tension), they in reality have not have been given any power. in the event that they are able to't make a grab for a newborn, or carry close directly to him if he's suffering, then all somebody has to do to get out of an arrest is squirm or run. lower back, i do no longer think of the police could ever be shoving, punching, etc, except that's needed to subdue a violent suspect/criminal. words first. besides the undeniable fact that, i do no longer think of youngsters could be "allowed" to combat with the police or attempt to flee the scene of against the regulation simply by fact they are not 18.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are certain ways to remove it, but one thing sthats ticks regarldess what you do is credit. Once your identity theft leaves scars on your credoit even though they are paid off and it was fraud...it sticks and stays right there and ruins your credit for life. These things is what Congress is looking into right now to change,.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.