Opinions please, what image comes to mind when you think of truck drivers?

Just wondering what exactly people think of truck drivers. Reading a couple of the posts and it would seem that many of you envision a country bumkin, redneck, Nascar loving, girl chasing, illiterate, uneducated, unshaven, dirty criminal who is out to get you at the first opportunity. Seriously.....just wondering.......

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am an OTR trucker and I must admit that your envisioning is accurate. There are many of us who are gentlemanly , but the work we do tends to push us into an anti-social attitude. On the good side , we are independent , considerate , we have a great sense of humor and we do a necessary job efficiently and safely. In short , I would not trade my job for any other.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nuttin wrong with that. Well, maybe the uneducated dirty criminal part, but hey, nothing wrong with chasing girls. As long as your not doing it in your big rig. The main problem with SOME big trucks is the tailgating and pulling out in front of smaller vehicles.

• bobweb
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

All I know is that they must be somewhere high up inside that cab. I never get to see them like I do some fellow automobile drivers.

• gerda
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

It does not might desire to be some ill loss of existence horror tale. a competent horror tale you are going to be able to desire to write is something with numerous embarrassment. think of the 'horror' of having to sing or dance in front of hundreds of thousands and messing up? there is an thought.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The first thing my mind see's is my ar.se after being shunted from behind in my small vehicle by a 60mph building on wheels.

• 1 decade ago

A truck and a driver!

• 1 decade ago

nah, i wouldnt think of them as illiterate or anything...truck driver doesnt mean any of that to me....the one strong image that comes to mind tho with truck drivers is flannel....nothing comes to mind about character or education.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my dad screamin at sumbody in spanish cuz they cut him off. he's a truck driver

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.