Col

Is it possible to run 768mb from 2 DDR1 slots alongside with 2gig from 2 DDR2 slots?

I am currently running on ECS:RS400A with dual DDR and dual DDR2 slots. There is this sale on a 2-1gig DDR2 RAMs and I want to add it to my computer but I don't want to get rid of my old DDR 768. Is it possible to run BOTH DDR and DDR2s, 4 slots altogether? Or is it just EITHER DDR OR DDR2?

Thanks for reply in advance!

• sm177y
    Favorite Answer

Hah, I had to hunt for this one, but once I found the answer, I found it makes complete sense. In a motherboard review, I found the following statement:

"support for either DDR or DDR-2 memory"

SO why this makes sense is this, back in the day when the Pentiums were first coming out, you would see some mobo's with both the DIMM and SIMM slots available, but you usually couldn't use both. I think the same principles apply here.

• iMaXX

Y' u can use both D1 n D2. 'because channel's n their speeds are different, so they will never interfere to each other.