is there a sequence for rattling & grunting for deer?

I've been wanting to try to rattle deer in. Only thing is I don't know if there is a sequence to go by by, or you just bang themtogether for a second or so.

Favorite Answer

There is no "right or wrong" way to rattle a buck in. I usually grunt first to see if there is a responsive deer nearby. Then I rattle for about a minute but just gently ticking the horns together. Remember a lot of fights are no more than shoving matches. Then I get more aggressive about 15 minutes later. That way if a deer is farther away he will be able to hear it. Throw in some grunts and if you are on the ground, kick some leaves around with your foot since the bucks would be moving around a lot during a fight. Every deer I've rattled in has come from downwind. The biggest one came in with his ears laid back, stomping the ground and trashing bushes on the way. I've also had smaller bucks and does sneak in like they were trying to see what was happening. You need a good buck to doe ratio for it to work consistently but it's always worth a shot, especially on a slow day when you aren't seeing much activity. Seems to work best pre-rut since but the time the rut rolls around thay have determined who's top dog so there's not much fighting.

Geobert.. I agree with you... you also have to leave in some short time gaps between rattles... but you also cant keep on rattling too long. As far as how to rattle, picture two buck fighting over a doe.. .they both want to win, but they also dont want to get hurt. The first part of the rattle is the crash where the two sets of antlers would meet.. then the shoving... a little rattle.. not too much... hehehe.. its actually pretty hard to describe... that was your question right??

tell me sth how can u kill an animal and enjoy it?