are ultrasonic rodent repellers safe to use when you have pet reptiles?

I have a pet leopard gecko and a russian tortoise who are lovely but i have house rats which are evil, i am an animal lover who does not want to kill anything but do not want to traumatise my reptiles if they would be sensitive to the frequencies. please help me.

Favorite Answer

I currently have the ultrasonic rodent repellents running in my house. I have 1 russian box tortiouse, 8 red eared sliders, 4 birds, 3 rabbits, 3 cats and 5 snakes. I have never had a problem with them except for the rabbits. They don't seem to bother my other animals at all but during mating for my rabbits it seems to throw them off so I have to remove them to the outside or shut down the repellers while there mating.

Source(s): User of the ultra sonic repellers

i'm not entirely sure of the answer, but #1, i would read the box (it should give you the dos and don'ts of the product, and there might even be a phone number to call), #2 i don't think it would harm your reptiles if it was made specifically for rodents (two different things entirely). good luck, and hope i helped a little.

I don't know if they are safe or not. I have used them in the past, but I've found that they aren't very effective.

Source(s): personal experience