In Columbus, OH, when have cut down some trees in your yard, where do you take the wood for proper recycling?

I refuse to just put it in a landfill. The trees need to be made into mulch or something that people can use, preferably not resold as firewood as this just dumps carbon into the atmosphere.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Call your municipal offices--dept, of Parks and Recreation, for example, and ask them please. Happy New Year to you and yours.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Call your state or county environment department and ask it there is a wood processing plant that does this.

Otherwise, the best use would be to use if for firewood. Man has used firewood for thousands of years and I believe some carbon is good in the natural cycle of the earth (i.e. look at the many forest fires every year). The problem these days is the industrial companies that emit all kinds of noxious elements in the interest in improving society. So the solution is to tell the comsumers not to burn wood in their homes so they can dump more in the air. Gotta wonder how we were able to burn wood for thousands of years without problems and then 20 some years ago it became a problem!

• 1 decade ago

Granny has the right idea. Since you mentioned where you are located and I am familiar with it, try Ohio Mulch. They are located in central Ohio region and process their own mulch, they might charge a disposal charge?

Good Luck.

Source(s): 14 years owned a grounds maint. business and dealt with OM in Cincy area.
  • 1 decade ago

Either hire a tree company to chip it, or rent a chipper and DIY. Use the chip as mulch in your yard and share it with the nieghborhood.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Replace what you cut.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.