Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 decade ago

What is a very good diet for a diabete person?

• Cammie
    Favorite Answer

Every one with diabetes has different nutritional needs ? Are you a tri-athlete ? A work at home parent ? Confined to bed ? A two yr old child ?

Your dietitian will help you create a diet that suites you and your life style best.

A good diet that is good for most people with a balance of all the major food groups. What we have to watch for is portion control.

These modern diets for the most part are not good for diabetics including the south beach and atkins. They are diets that don't use all the major food groups. They may help in one area and deprive you in other areas.

So just a good healthy diet like the one put out by the ADA. and remember portion control. Exercise is as important if not more important than a good diet in controlling diabetes.

Source(s): http://www.diabetes.org/nutrition-and-recipes/nutr... This is a great website for every diabetic. Go to it often

I have diabetes 2. I also have a nutrition specialist who guides me through how to plan my meals.

The answer to your question is easy for me to answer. You eat a balanced diet which can consist of anything. It's the quantities of each type of food that is the issue.

A combination of lean protien, non-starchy vegetables and hardy fruits (apples, pears, berries, etc....avoid high sugar varieties like pineapple),low-fat dairy and whole grains. If you are looking for a reference, Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet is an excellent example!

My mother is 75 and has been dealing with diets for years I finally put her on Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen and she looks and feels 20 years younger, no cravings or anxiety has lost weight and has stayed off. Her doctor at Mayo Clinic says she has never been healthier and her sugar levels are totally under control. Look it up on http://www.beeroyalproducts.com you won't regret it , and the royal jelly best buy is the large bottle it lasts 5 months

South Beach diet has been approved for person's with diabeties