how do i get itunes to stop skipping?

like a frikking cd player...i just skips like a second at a time. My laptop is really new so dont say its memory problems.

Favorite Answer

Well lets see, if you have a dial up conection to the internet, that could be one reason

Also, if you have alot of other programs running, that could be a second

Another could be the band of the song, meaning how much time and space it takes up in your hard drive

Um I think the last one I can think of is maybe the software. Try installing a new copy of itunes, because mine had the same problem a while back and it stopped when I got it updated and installed.

Hope it helps =]

• mandi

hi ok , first of all , did you verify how a lot memory does itunes mandatory earlier set up it .? also , attempt to envision your amenities and operating courses and seek for the only thats eating up mem , end it and delivers it a try. The skipping is made reason you abode windows DOSENT have the nessary factors on the momento to load the sofware ideal and run at the same time .

either the file is bad, or you're using too much virtual memory. even on new computers, if you run too many programs at once, your performance will suffer. my computer is fairly new, but my itunes skips occasionally if im doing too many things at once.

It could be your system needs to be defragmented, or that you need to do a disk check it could be a lot of things, also it could be your music. try everything till it works out if all else fails use system restore, if this happened just recently