Dovey
Dovey asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

What is the worst thing your dog(s) ever did or tore up?

I have had 2 to 4 dogs at the same time all my life and each puppy had some special mark they made as a puppy. I wonder if anyone else had the same experiences and how much diversity there is.

Some are typical but I'm wondering if there are some I haven't dealt with yet.

Favorite Answer

Hmmm, I'd have to say the worst was the one that peed in my leather purse. Yep, that even beats out the one that chewed the leg of the coffee table as the worst.

If you're an animal lover, such events are normal every day occurrences but I really did like that purse.

Worst huh? LOL. I guess that would have to be...my stuffed animal from when I was a baby. Now, get this. I was 24 at the time and the animal was a Lassie look-alike. I kept her on the fireplace mantel. I came home from work one day and there was stuffing all over the room. LOTS of it. In the midst, I found the plasticated rubberized head of my beloved Lassie! Oh, how I howled! The dogs (Great Dane, Collie and shepard mutt) took off and stayed away from me that night. Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy. Looking back, it really was hilarious!

Oh yeah, one other time, my collie, same dog as above, got into the garbage and got her tongue stuck in a tomato paste can. Really stuck...as in go to the vet stuck. Her white bib was pink and that long ski-slope of a nose had a can on it. OMG, now THAT about made me pee my pants!

The worst my pups have done was to destroy my "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon" DVD.

But my aunt's boxer takes the cake! Her son had just gotten married, and the photographer delivered a deluxe album of pictures from the ceremony. The box was too big for the mailbox, so he set it just inside their fence. Unfortunately, Gracie decided that expensive album was a wonderful toy! It was apparently hard to tell what the delivery had been for a while, it was sooo shredded.

• Shari

She got a Christmas ornament off the tree that was made when my husband was a child by his now deceased aunt.

Just chewed a big hole in the front of my love seat.

Tons of pencils. They get demolished too! Only thing left of these are splinters and toothpicks!

Lots of toilet paper.

My daughters barbie dolls.

I want to start putting her in the garage when we leave as this is the only time she does this stuff. But I'm afraid she will get something bad in there as it has alot of stuff in there and I don't know what to do with it cause it is all my husbands car crap.

My chic had 2 chihowas, never could spell it. They would have to be the most rat like spiteful stupid dogs on the planet. I was a pro camerman and back in the day I left my new $56,000 camera in the hallway with the tape door open while i ran upstairs for a tape. Of course one minute window is all one of those little devils needed to piss into the guts of it. That evil corrosive rat piss those things spray everywhere cost me at least 15,000 in hire gear and repairs.

My border collie tore 7 muscles, from the buttocks muscles, to the back, to the abdominals.

Word to the wise: Do not put a border collie on a leash, then say, as you turn to lock the door, "Do you want to go for a ride?" If you do, then you too can pull all those muscles. It only took 9 months to be able to bend again.

I have two English masstiffs my male is 245 pounds and he tore a hole in my bedroom door to get to my 1 year old female on her first heat but needed to keep them separated until she is 22 months old before akc will grant you papers for breeding and they are both beautiful fawn colored dogs and female is very destructive she is very sweet and seams to love everyone and my male is 4 and hes is adorable but for some reason she annoyes him alto i think all dogs have something in them that just gives them that personality that they acquire from our bringing them up and the environment that they grow to love !

Source(s): just experiance

tore up christmas tree, ate computer cord, 3 Xbox controllers, 2 head sets, leg of dining room table, 5 pairs of shoes, 3 cell phones.....This was from one pup. Hubby finially realized after all this damage and MORE pups cant have free run of the house unsupervised.

I have a mini schnauzer and an affenpincher mix. I came home from work one day to find a large hole chewed in each arm of the sofa.

I walked over to the sofa, pointed to one arm & asked "what's this"

The schnauzer hung his head and took off in search of somewhere to hide, while the affen just stood there wagging her tail.

When I pointed to the other chewed up arm, the affen hung her head and snuck off also.

Source(s): I can only assume it was some sort of chewing contest. A schnauzer can chew a much bigger hole than an affen...

I had a yellow lab who chewed the foot board of an antique three quarter bed made by my great grandfather.

I had a boxer who chewed his way through a bathroom door at a rental cottage at the beach.