How can US servicemen adopt when stationed overseas?

I know of several of my compatriots who adopted children born to unwed mothers in their churches, but my wife and I would like to adopt a child from an orphanage. The problem is, we are in Korea, an we could be here for many more years. I am fully aware of the requirements of getting citizenship for my adopted child, but the actual adopting is the problem. Does anyone know where I can start?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Call up ACS or Social Work Services on your post. They'll be able to lead you in the right direction. Note that Jag will help you with the court process of adoption, but they will not pay or it.

    Good luck! And Happy New Year!!!

    Source(s): mother of 4 Army wife
  • 1 decade ago

    go to your family support office on base. they will be the ones to help you out the most.

    Source(s): currently visiting Osan AB....AF girlfriend and in the Army
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.