What is the best way to get rid of acne?

hoe remedys would be nice, but products are good too. I have been using Proactive for about 2 weeks, and I have had nothing happen, no new breakouts, but still all the old ones and scars are still here.

Favorite Answer

~From what I understand Proactive takes time to work. You need to keep your pores clean. Make up clogs pores.

Wash your face with a facial cleanser for acne when you get up and before bed. Avoid sweets.

Scars will reduce, but if they're really scars, they don't go away without additional creams. Ask a pharmacist about the best cream for scars. I can't remember the name of one my doctor told me to use.

Good luck~

Sit back... this is a LONG answer, but I wanted to help you out! I know it can be frustrating. This REALLY works!! There are 4 people sent me an email saying to me that it worked for them!! This was also been chosen by 12 members to be the best answer because it worked for them too!! Proof, see my best answers!!

Gather all materials beforehand -- see "Things You'll Need" below. You might want to store them in a waterproof resealable bag, such as Ziploc. I'd recommend wearing either old clothes or a bathrobe over whatever you are wearing. There is a definite possibility this is going to spill. After you have found everything on you checklist, head to a large, flat, waterproof surface. This is probably your bathroom. Having this room be private is highly advised; you can't just say, "Get out, I'm flattening a pimple," can you?

Things You'll Need

- 3 or more cotton balls

- Lukewarm tap water

- Cup to hold the water in

- Salt

The Method

1. Salt the water thoroughly -- much more than you think it needs.

2. Dip one cotton ball in the salt water.

3. Wait for 30 - 60 seconds.

4. Squeeze out excess water out until it is damp, but not dripping.

5. Place the damp cotton ball over your large, oh-my-goodness-I-cannot-go-to-... zit. If you have several of these grouped together, try to place the cotton ball over them all.

6. Glance at your watch/clock. Wait exactly three minutes.

7. Remove the cotton ball after the time is up. The zit seems to be nearly gone, but it is only the top that has dissolved. Your acne is still there.

8. Take the other two cotton balls and place them on either side of the despised pimple.

9. Slowly, move them closer together until the tiny bump is flattened. Congrats! You've just conquered that giant of a pimple -- forever!

10. Apply honey on the infected area & go to sleep!!

Tips

*Don't forget the last 3 steps -- they are crucial.

*Be sure to follow these steps closely. Dipping a cottonball in fresh water as opposed to salt will not work, for instants.

* You might want to bring a book -- either waterproof or one that you do not care about being splattered in water. Those three minutes can get boring.

* This is your best bet for monster zits that simply sneak up on you. For long-term healthy skin, cleansing and toning is also important.

Warnings

* Please, PLEASE, do not assume this is permission to "pop" pimples. Doing so can cause major scarring. Please don't pop them.

* If you stop after the top is dissolved, I must warn you: it WILL come back! Maybe not in the next five minutes, but during the course of an hour, it will come back!

If you feel new pimples erupting, ice it! Hold an ice cube over the area for about 5-10 minutes. It REALLY works!!!

Or you can try applying Head & Shoulder Shampoo. It works like a charm!! For more info on this..

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/remedy.cgi?remedyid=...

If you have too many pimples/whiteheads/blackheads/... I recommend you to try Carley's Clear & Smooth!! It's CHEAPER & BETTER than Proactive!! People are raving about this product!! Read their feedbacks/reviews!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adult-Acne-The-best-skin-treat...

GOOD LUCK!!

quick easy n effective home remedy-

mix 2 tsp tea tree oil in 1-2 cup water and apply of the affected area with a clean cotton ball. do it regularly.......it'll simply disappear......or an easier one dab toothpaste on pimples n leave overnight.......in da morning ull find it all dried up then u can easily remove it with any good salt scrub....believe me it works!

Garnier's Pimple Control Pen.. keep applying till the pimple disappears. And it will disappear!!

Bout the only way is to go to a dermotologist. Least the only thing that worked for me.