Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

How to overcome the pain of a breakup?

I loved her more than anyone else could and it just didn't mean anything to her in the end.

Favorite Answer

oh x ive heard that time and time agian ,time you said *** you and moved on ,there is plenty of good ladies out there

I too have been hurt in the past. It is a pain of its own and it hurts. I feel for you and I wish there was a quick remedy. It's going to take TIME, TIME, TIME ~~~Remember this, because I have tried everything common sense told me, and I think the more I pursued the more he retreated. You cannot make another person fall in love with you.~~I am a christian, and a firm believer that a door never closes but that God opens a better one. Put yourself out there again and you will meet another someone and Please whatever you do, put the hurt of the first one behind you and don't make the next lady suffer the mistakes of the first. You don't want to even think of someone else now but a nice person is out there for you, if you put yourself in the right places.

I went on to marry a career military man that I had met 10 yrs. before in Jr. Hi. school and he was on leave from Boot camp and was visiting his teachers and friends and someone introduced us. I was in the 8th grade then.~~Ten years later we married, were blessed with 5 perfect babies (now grown).We are about to celebrate 54 yrs. of marriage.Let me tell you , there is no comparison between the fellow that broke my heart and the one that has handled it with love and compassion.

Good Luck to You and Have a Happy New year !!

Source(s): jewel~~ Texas~~USA

If you find an answer please let me know. This is what I am now going through after 8 years of marriage and 3 kids. My best advice to you is to focus on the positive. What did you learn from the relationship and the breakup? Do you see yourself in a positive light and know what you can offer in a future relationship? It's a matter of time before you will get over the pain but by focusing on the future, hopefully it will bring some comfort. The best is yet to come. Wishing you luck

Don't worry all breakups are painful at first. You'll be okay but it'll take time for this to happen. Just try to not think about it too much. Go out and have a good time. You'll eventually find someone else.

• jude

when u accept it, and really see it for what it is, just a selfish insensitive person who relationships mean very little to. easy come easy go. just someone who doesn't care for u, and maybe it's time to move on where your loved. there is always pain when a relationship with someone we thought loved us ends. we have no control over others, or their choices, and we usually do nothing to deserve it either, we just have to move forward, though not easy at first, pain does diminish with time, put some distance between u and your ex, and stop blaming yourself, as no matter how u would have handled it, the outcome would have still been the same.

Get busy and stay busy with healthy and positive stuff. Maybe throw yourself into your job and career. Always take good care of yourself - Mind - Body - Spirit. Daily write yourself a TO-DO list and get some satisfaction from the completion of the tasks. Look at yourself in the mirror and with conviction tell yourself that you are a good person and damn good looking. Be on the lookout for what is to come next though because when you are done being hurt you will hit the next phase and get angry. Most of all be very wary of making any large decisions right now in your life. Do your job at work, take care of yourself and eat right, and get organized. A smart person always re-evaluates after this type of event in there life. Stay focused on taking care of YOU and always surround yourself with positive people in your life, family and friends need to be re-connected with right now.

Source(s): Wife moved out and divorced me May '06. Said she wasn't happy after 10 years together. All she did was set me free !

Try to get out and do the things that make you happy. Get with friends and stay busy. Plan a trip with friends, something to look forward too. I'm sorry for your pain and loss, but time heals all. Get out there and find what makes you really happy and don't settle for less, just to be with someone. Get yourself happy with who you are first and foremost!

Take care. I've been there. I think most of us have.

Ouch, nothing like the pain of HEARTACHE. But really with time I promise that your heart will completely heal, X. You are still a lovable person regardless of what she did with your love.

you are not the only 1 who have pain , me too but i cured , day by days , stand up go and find another , there r many fish in the sea , go and get the 1 that loves u forever , go out , go to church , pray to the god and he will do the rest

breakup are always painful but as time passed it get better day by day.

I feel for you, been there myself. They say time heals all wounds, but in reality it doesn't. do something good for yourself, find a goal and show her that she has lost a good one, in time maybe she will realize that, but don't take her back what ever you do, she will only use you again.