Does anxiety cause delays in periods?

My friend's worried she's pregnant. She's 3 days late for her period. Could it be anxiety?

Favorite Answer

yes yes yes yes yes it could! Has she been under any added stress lately? It could be that! Happened to me!

I'm always right on time, ALWAYS! Twice in my life now I've been late. I was always under incredible stress at the time. Both times were due to adjusting to my husband's deployment to Iraq. Buy a test for her. It will help put her mind at ease. She either is or she isn't, there's one way to find out for sure.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!

Source(s): Mother of 4
  • Jane

ur body has more important things ot dela with than prepare for a period! thats why if u r planning to have a bbya and are stressed almost impossible to as ur body will mess up ur periods jsut to help you in other ways like stop head aches etc and get you back to equalibriam

• Lydia

yes

stress can make your period late or even make you miss it completly , theonly way she can find out she is pregnant it taking a test or going to see the doctor.

Absolutely!! Have her do a home pregnancy test. That should solve the worry.

yes as long with stress,diet change,and others...you should be fine

Yes, it can.

• SAMMY

yes!!

yes.....