misstikal311 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Do dogs sigh out of boredom?

Favorite Answer

I don't know for sure, but using my Cattle Dog as a guide, I think her sigh expresses irritation and dismay with something I have requested of her. Like when I am eating and she wants some. I tell her not to beg and she sighs and lays down. Personally, I think she is expressing her displeasure with me. Kinda like how we humans make that ticking sound with our tongues.

Dogs sigh as a release of "emotion" if you will.

Usually it's a build up to a yawn.

If you watch when it sighs, you'll see that it usually wants something... a pat on the head, whatever you're eating.. to get up on your lap etc...

A dog yawns (for the most part) as a sign of stress.

Of course there is the usual stretch and yawn too, ha ha ha

But if he/she just wants a little something from you, they will sigh, huff or yawn.

A sigh usually means attention.

(or they can't get that squirrel up in that tree.)

Hope this helps.

I don't know if it's from boredom or because they are settling down and relaxing, like when we take a deep breath and relax. I just think it's so cute when they do it. I have Chihuahuas that do that sometimes, when they hop in my lap, right before they fall asleep.

Yes, my dog can't stand to just sit around. Think I'll take him for a walk so he can smell horrible things in the natural world. He finds that quite fun!

Yes! My dog always exhale loudly when it put it's head on the floor...yea I know it is boring because I din play with it and my father warned it not to touch the plants and the sands outside.

my dog seems to. when she's bored. when she does something she's not supposed to, we scold her and she lays down and sighs. when she's tired. when she tries to get us to give her table food and we won't. she kind of sighs a lot.

• Yup, nothing worse than a bored dog, Take him out for a run!

my dog sighs out of tiredness....

yes just like all animals if this i annoying u then play with it or it could be tired

lol my pit puppy does that when we lay down at night to go to bed...its cute