What's the best way to kick the habbit of smoking?

My boyfriend wants to quite for himself and me. He has been smoking for as long as he can remember and smokes more when stressed or bored. He took his doc's advice and switched brands and try to smoke less each day. It is NOT working.

I understand it takes time. PLEASE, ANY IDEAS?

Favorite Answer

#1 thing is that he really has to want to quit. If he has even just a little bit of wanting a smoke he is not ready.

• Chula

The only way to do it is cold turkey. Nicorette can help, the newer stuff isn't as awful as the orginal. He just has to put them down and not go there. It is really, really hard though. Quitting smoking is actually more difficult then quitting herion. And even worse then that, you don't walk down the street and see people shooting herion (well, there are certian streets in NY) but for the most part you don't. But you do see people walking around smoking and it makes it that much harder. The first 3 days are the worst, after that it gets easier each day. And it takes 6 weeks to develop a new habit.

I found fake cigarettes worked for me. There are 2 nicotine free brands from the states i used....."ecstacy" and "cannabis free". Forget they are druggie names they are just fake fags. At first your b/f will think they taste like crap (cause they do to smoker) but if you get over a coupla packs then they seem ok, in a few days the pysical addiction is actually clear.When the pressure is on to be half cool you keep smoking them like crazy. After about 6 weeks you go to light one up and finally ur nico free brain goes...er ... duh.....why am i smoking these still? You have then given up the psychological addiction.

I've heard of tons of people doing that. "switching brands" to quit smoking. They switch from regular to menthol, or regualr to lights, etc..they still continue to smoke.

Try smoke away

http://www.original-smoke-away.com/

Good Luck.

Smoking is a stinky disgusting habit. If he continues to smoke, tell him to step outside. Don't let him do it in the house, or in the car or around the kids and family.

tell him to see if your area has a Tobacco control place they help you quit and ill make link to site for you to give him everyone is different BUT for me i had to quit cold turkey i kept trying failing each time and my counslor at Tobacco control said you may have to quit cold turkey im thinking this ladys crazy But when i did that was it and its 3 days and the tobaccos out of system after that is a matter of training your mind good luck i wouldnt want your b/f or anyone for that matter to end up like me with astma site listed below they have all kinds info a chat room for support and all kinds of help

Source(s): quitnet.com