Is it true that if we stir our tea too many times, we loose some of the flavour?

My cousin said it once, that we should only stir the tea 3 times or something...

Favorite Answer

I don't know about in practice, but in theory, stirring it about will introduce air, which will oxidize some of the flavors and aromas. I also think that people just find it somewhat annoying, and so came up with a "rule" to help stop all that tinkling and splashing around.

Yea you shouldn't stir your tea many time, for chinese type of tea, you should make the tea in a teapot with the cover closed. After few minutes, your tea will taste very nice.

Stirring 'cools' the tea thereby reducing the flavor which is optimum when its hot; there really is no reason to stir too many times.

We never stir our Chinese/Japanese tea AFTER it has been served in cups.

Are you serious? Stir the tea as much as you want and it wont make a difference. Get a life.

I dont think it will cause your tea to loose flavor, but i guess it speed up the cooling effect of your hote tea. tea will only loose flavor after several infusion. other than that i dont think it can loose it flavors :)