how do i connect two systems on lan?

we have two systems in our room and only 1 broad band internet connection.how i can i use this single connection to use internet on both systems simultaneously............

5 Answers

Relevance
  • jan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Assuming that you don't have a router and both PCs are using Windows XP, the easiest way of doing it is to use internet connection sharing. To do this, you can use network setup wizard which can be found in programmes -> accessories -> communication.

Alternatively, you can go to control panel -> network connections and right click on your internet connection then choose properties. In advanced tab, check the first and second box in internet connection sharing.

Down side of this approach is that the PC with internet connection must be switched on to enable other PC to use the internet.

• roba
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

with a view to connect 2 laptop at as quickly as with in basic terms a cable, you like what's trouble-free as a "CAT 5 crossover cable" -- you could no longer connect desktops at as quickly as with the aid of a favourite cable. the main difficulty-loose answer is to connect the two systems to a change or hub with favourite cables.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Buy a router, you may need to check and see if the PCs are network ready, if not, they will need network interface cards. You have a choice between wireless and wired routers, I prefer wired for security reasons.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you should buy a hub or switch and connect the main input connection of internet and give it both of the computers by wire.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.