Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

what's a better show married with children or all in the family?

Favorite Answer

such a big decision??? on one hand you have a Bigot and on the other a chauvinistic Pig,,, my guess would be BIG Al or NO Archie,,, I cant decide!!!

Married with Children

I'd say All In the Family; for its time it hid a lot less than Married With Children did. If it was made now, Archie would probably use the word n*****s instead of "coloreds" and all that. I'm not saying that kind of language is acceptable, but it would be true to the character, and the show. All In the Family was a lot bolder.

Source(s): I watched both.
  • Candi

I think Married with Children was funnier, but I really liked both of them. It's funny that you compared them they're a lot alike. The dummies Kelly and Edith. The know-it-alls Marcie and Steve then Archie's daughter and digbat.

It would be All In The Family, hands down!

I love Al Bundy, but he's no Archie Bunker.

AITF dealt with important social issues of it's time and made people think outside the box, so to speak. MWC is just a parody of married life.

All in the Family

I like Married with children, but it was such a dysfunctional family. All in the family is the best.

Both are equal classics of American TV popularity the way I see them. However, Archie Bunker's chair IS featured in the Smithsonian museum; I didn't see Al Bundy's couch there.

Married with children by far

They are both very funny shows, but All in the Family is actually more realistic.