Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

what's a better show married with children or all in the family?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

such a big decision??? on one hand you have a Bigot and on the other a chauvinistic Pig,,, my guess would be BIG Al or NO Archie,,, I cant decide!!!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Married with Children

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'd say All In the Family; for its time it hid a lot less than Married With Children did. If it was made now, Archie would probably use the word n*****s instead of "coloreds" and all that. I'm not saying that kind of language is acceptable, but it would be true to the character, and the show. All In the Family was a lot bolder.

Source(s): I watched both.
  • Candi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I think Married with Children was funnier, but I really liked both of them. It's funny that you compared them they're a lot alike. The dummies Kelly and Edith. The know-it-alls Marcie and Steve then Archie's daughter and digbat.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It would be All In The Family, hands down!

I love Al Bundy, but he's no Archie Bunker.

AITF dealt with important social issues of it's time and made people think outside the box, so to speak. MWC is just a parody of married life.

• 1 decade ago

All in the Family

• 1 decade ago

I like Married with children, but it was such a dysfunctional family. All in the family is the best.

• 1 decade ago

Both are equal classics of American TV popularity the way I see them. However, Archie Bunker's chair IS featured in the Smithsonian museum; I didn't see Al Bundy's couch there.

• 1 decade ago

Married with children by far

• 1 decade ago

They are both very funny shows, but All in the Family is actually more realistic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.