Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

Do i HAVE to give two weeks notice??

i'm thinking of quiting my job as a waitress at this small little take away/dine in restaurant..coz i got offered something better at my uncles sushi bar...but of course i won't tell me boss, and just say my uncles needs me

But do i have to give two weeks notice? i'm planning to give one week, because i know that next week an old employee will come back from holidays and could work the night shifts, and my cousin could help me work the mornings...she only works 2 days a week

I know it's the right thing to give two weeks notice, but i really want to quit soon because i don't like my boss, also he's kind of mean and i don't want to be yelled at..

wow..i wrote alot, sorry for making you read all that and thanks for answering

ok..well, this is my first job and i'm really just working part-time..so reference and all that isn't important, it's just that i feel guilty about leaving but in the other hand they are paying me s*** so i shouldn't right??

Favorite Answer

Would this boss give YOU two weeks notice if he wanted to cut back on staff due to slow business?

• iraq51

It would be the polite and the standard thing to do. But DO you...absolutely not. In this day and age loyalty on both sides of the management/employee table is....rare.

Do what you believe is best but at least provide a 1 week notice. I have run restaurants and if I receives at least 1 weeks notice I was satisfied and never, ever gave a bad recommendation to an employee.

Good luck

Well 2 weeks is the best way and one day you might want the old boss to send in a good word when you go for a even better job

Give your written 2 weeks notice and ask if you are needed. Its the right thing to do. Dont sweat it though if you leave them in a bind unless this is your life's calling.

You don't have to give your 2 weeks. You should just to be nice. But if your pissed than you can just walk off or not go in at all.

• booge

no but 2 weeks gives them time to replace you

You're not obligated to give two weeks notice but it is a considerate thing to do. Generally, you don't want to burn bridges.

you don't HAVE to