how can i save a lot of petrol?

better mileage

Favorite Answer

here's what i've found for my scoot.

tires having the proper air pressure. for my bike, it's 36psi for both.

air filter not plugged up

air/fuel mixture properly set. plugs should have a light tan color at best. coal black is too rich, paper white, too lean. light ash grey is a little lean, but not so lean to cause problems; my plugs show light ash grey.

if the bike is a high compression engine, they'll run the best on premium fuel. they run badly on 87 octane.

if the bike can be equiped with a windsheild, add 1. it will seriously reduce windblast drag. i have a detachable windsheild; i can take it off or put it on in under 30 seconds, and i've run almost 160 miles before having to switch to reserve in a highway application.

keeping it at no more than 60 mph (97km) will also help. so will not being a jackrabbit coming off red lights, and not being hard on the throttle unless ur entering a high speed freeway.

i get about 53-56 miles per gallon typically on the interstates.

Source(s): i ride a '05 carburated xl1200r sportster, 1200cc's, stock set-up, detachable windsheild.

The easiest way to save petrol is to drive at the optimum economic speed of around 80-90km/hr on a 600cc bike and about 110 on a 1000cc bike.

well already you are on a motorcycle so try easing off the throttle and slowing down and consider a longer and smaller diameter pipe [carb will need to be jetted leaner] if in a metro aera take the bus a couple days a week [preferably the rainy ones]

u aint gonna b savin no gas on a motorsickle you jus gonna go more places more often Im just as broke now as when I got my bike but I smile alot more economy dont enter into da motorsickle equation have fun and keep da shiney side up .

Buy a car with a smaller engine.

Lie flat on the tank all the time (better aerodynamics) :)

buy a diesel car

It is not easy just plan your driving so you drive less

walk or ride a bicycle

don't use a car, buy it and park