how can i save a lot of petrol?

better mileage

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

here's what i've found for my scoot.

tires having the proper air pressure. for my bike, it's 36psi for both.

air filter not plugged up

air/fuel mixture properly set. plugs should have a light tan color at best. coal black is too rich, paper white, too lean. light ash grey is a little lean, but not so lean to cause problems; my plugs show light ash grey.

if the bike is a high compression engine, they'll run the best on premium fuel. they run badly on 87 octane.

if the bike can be equiped with a windsheild, add 1. it will seriously reduce windblast drag. i have a detachable windsheild; i can take it off or put it on in under 30 seconds, and i've run almost 160 miles before having to switch to reserve in a highway application.

keeping it at no more than 60 mph (97km) will also help. so will not being a jackrabbit coming off red lights, and not being hard on the throttle unless ur entering a high speed freeway.

i get about 53-56 miles per gallon typically on the interstates.

Source(s): i ride a '05 carburated xl1200r sportster, 1200cc's, stock set-up, detachable windsheild.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The easiest way to save petrol is to drive at the optimum economic speed of around 80-90km/hr on a 600cc bike and about 110 on a 1000cc bike.

• 1 decade ago

well already you are on a motorcycle so try easing off the throttle and slowing down and consider a longer and smaller diameter pipe [carb will need to be jetted leaner] if in a metro aera take the bus a couple days a week [preferably the rainy ones]

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

u aint gonna b savin no gas on a motorsickle you jus gonna go more places more often Im just as broke now as when I got my bike but I smile alot more economy dont enter into da motorsickle equation have fun and keep da shiney side up .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Buy a car with a smaller engine.

• 1 decade ago

Lie flat on the tank all the time (better aerodynamics) :)

• 1 decade ago

buy a diesel car

• 1 decade ago

It is not easy just plan your driving so you drive less

• 1 decade ago

walk or ride a bicycle

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

don't use a car, buy it and park

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.