dallas a asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

is it normal for a 17 year old female to consume large amounts of food 3 to 4 times a day?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I would say it depended on how big she was, or if she has a high metabolism

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It is healthy for a 17 year old woman to eat good but don't eat a large amount at one time. Eat smaller portions. People wonder how I can eat so much and not get bigger. That is because I eat small portions 4 or 5 times a day and my metabolism is fast.

• 1 decade ago

Well, she probably has a huge appetite cause she is either growing, pregnant, or she has an eating disorder.

I have large binges where i eat large amounts of food, it's called compulsive overeating, and it's an eating disorder.

Talk to the 17 year old and ask her questions.

• 1 decade ago

i'm 17 and female but i don't feel like eating large amounts of food 3 to 4 times a day. yes, i do have breakfast , lunch and dinner. and sometimes i have a snack. usually i grab some kind of chocolate, but mum forces me to have a banana, or pears or a few kiwis or something. sometimes i don't eat my meals properly because i just don't feel like it, and then mum gets all worried (unnecessarily) and sometimes i eat a lot. so i guess, all teenagers vary in their eating habits because they're going through this weird period of their life. i guess hormones could also have something to do with eating habits.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, I did when I was that age. (You may still be growing, taller that is, I didn't stop growing until I was about 22.)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is if she's exercising (like doing a sport) and burning off the calories

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it is if shes a fat pig

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.