Why are some people sentimental and others are not?

This year for xmas my aunt sent me an old costume necklace of my grandmother's [she is 90] & wanted me to have it,when I got it I cried,and now everytime I wear it I get so teary/emotional.

I hardly see my gran and its just a junky old necklace,why i am so sentimental????

usually people are selling their grandparents stuff on ebay, I just don't know how they can do that.

Favorite Answer

does it really matter? be glad you feel such a close bond that you care to wear and hv reminders of loved ones around. everyones sentimental on some level, some moreso while others ((for ex: men)) think its a sign of weekness so they bury it or ignore it,, unless it involves sports and a trohpy (;

maturity and age play a part,, kinda like when throwing away something when you are younger but then when you gain a few years, you think, geez i wish i really wld'v kept that. it reminds me of ....

sentiment is good!! reminds us of what we value so we appreciate the good times and save a reminder!!

As humans, we are all different. Some realize that everything cannot be kept and each have different values (appreciation of different things)

Years ago, I served a very famous person a cup of coffee and a cookie. Only part of the cookie was eaten. The rest of the cookie--I literally saved for years. lol. Finally I threw it away. I now have many other things to replace the cookie. lol Just goes to show you--different strokes for different folks. Enjoy you possessions.

At least you are attaching some value on it. As you say some people would just as soon sell the stuff on ebay. Good for you.

we are all different ,when my mum was alive she used to give us books of poetry and stuff write her name and the date etc i come from a family of 12 any ways my sister gave me a heap of books and when i opened them her name and dates where there for all to see, i cried but my sister was ready to dump in landfill if i didnt take ,all different

i think thats great and she wanted you to have it for a reason! think about it! she knew you would take care of it good 4 u!