A question about the Russian language...?

For people who communicate over the internet in Russian or Belarusian, how do they say 'LOL?' Is there a native equivalent to it? How do they type it?

Update:

In other words, if they were trying to tell someone who only speaks English how Russians would say the equivalent of LOL.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Yulia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

not sure about the equivalent but if you say LOL - they will definitely understand it

• Login to reply the answers
  • Paul R
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

There Isn't A Straightforward Like For Like Translation Mate But You Could Try babelfish.altavista.com/tr You Can Select From To Language Translation And Type A Phrase Or Whatever Then Hit Translate.

Good Luck Mate. Have A Gooday And A Bonza New Year!

• 1 decade ago

Hi! we use LOL as well, but in different chats you can also see "ржунимагу" (just the same meaning, these are 3 words, but written in 1) or БУГЫГЫ (it's like ha-ha-ha)

Source(s): i'm russian :)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

bob the Russian L looks like an upside down little p i dont know the word of phraseing....... hope this helps

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well i can speak some russian hertage they probably say like something diffrent because like in diffrent counries they put diffrent words in diffrent places in sentences to fit wioth tehre language so the might just do something.

• 1 decade ago

they say LOL too. it's kinda international.

• 1 decade ago

we say it the same way you all do

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.