how do i find out who sent a threatening email, thru myspace, using a fake profile that was then deleted?

• jan
    Favorite Answer

Report it to mySpace and your local police.

They can track it.

You can't.

///

• Z

Report it. Since MySpace is all internal they know everything.

It is so easy to see what IP address pressed send button. There are additional "fingerprint" information that will identify the bad doers.

Don't you think they plan for this?

If it is really threathening, like a death threat ,you can call your local police and make a report. Then let them do all the footwork for you.

Hope this helps and do NOT allow this to linger, move on it quickly.

• I had a friend have the same thing happen. The answerer above is correct, report it asap. I would get the police involved depending on the content.

• roba

attempt bobbing up a real e mail account with the pretend e mail account you used different then that touch Tom and he can help. I deleted a e mail account then went to bypass delete my myspace and can desire to no longer because of the fact it deliver it to my e mail i deleted Tom did it for me in spite of the undeniable fact that it took a on an identical time as.

Two Thumbs Up !

to all who replied :

" Inform the Police"

.... IMMEDIATELY !

regards,

Philip T

contct the my space people and see if they still have the ISP or the IP address for the account...or most suitably...contace law enforcement and have THEM check it out.

I really don't believe that you can - sorry.