A lot of my files were missing plus my homepage and other programs,?

On checking further it brought me to a program active desktop wizard, I dont actually know how I got this , but I found a text file which has changed my registry keys, anybody know anything about this program?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes it could be three things really or a combination. A virus or trojan seems likely as files have gone missing, however it is possible someone with physical access to the computer could have removed them. Since your homepage has changed this indicates spyware is present. I'm not sure about the text file. You could do a 'System Restore' to a point where your computer was running smoothly or run an antivirus scan and spyware scan to remove any unwanted malware. A system restore would be best if a restore point is avaliable.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I dont think a text file can change ur reg keys... Have u done any system restore or something of that kind??? Its difficult to come to a conclusion without analysis the issue... a troubleshooting of ur comp is required unless u think its a virus attack.... Try downloading the free avg antivirus or something that u can get hold of and scan it, but rather since u have already found the reg keys are changed, BACKUP UR EXISTING DATA AND THEN FORMAT UR HARD DRIVE....

• 1 decade ago

What text file?

• jan
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Hard to know what you are trying to say but my best guess is that you are describing a virus infection.

Try this

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/windows/geek-to...

///

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

your computer might be infected with a virus

• 1 decade ago

its a kinda virus on ur pc... fix it up

with trojan remover

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.