Only Serious Answers?

I had a c-section 8 years ago. I want to know if it is normal for it to be numb around the c-section scar?

Favorite Answer

Yes, it's normal. I know a woman who had two c-sections and another that has had three. They both said they have no sensation at their scar or near it. I had a c-section about 18 months ago. I've lost a lot of sensation in that area, but not all. Numbness is typical, as they've cut through a bunch of the nerves on the abdomen. Some of these will grow back and some will not.

Source(s): Mom of 4

Well I guess that really depends on how numb or rather how much area is numb. I know that scares as a whole are usually fairly numb. I would think that it would be normal........ unless the no feeling seems to be spreading out further then your scar itself. Personally I don't think you have much to worry about. If you feel uncomfortable about it then you should see your doctor. When they cut you they can't repair all the nerves. They have to mend themselves.

Source(s): mom of 6

Yes. I was told I could have residual numbness forever basically. I had one almost 4 years ago, and one about 9 months ago. I expect it to always be a little numb.

they do cut some pretty major nerves in the abdomen when doing a section so im not really suprised, another complication they dont tell women about. it is normal to have decreased sensation around scars in general

I had Csection 8 years ago,too.

It was numb for some years and it is one or two years that I feel it less.I mean at the moment only the line of surgery is somehow numb.

I usually go to my gynecologist AND i HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH IT.

only when I want to shave it I feel it.

No it's not you should go to a doctor incase it's a bad thing.