Calling all dancers...?

can I learn contemporary dance even though I am like 18 this year? I am also not very flexible. Anyways that I can improve my flexibility?

Favorite Answer

Yes you can, anything can be accomplished if you really want to do it.

Best of luck to you.

• it will take time and it will be a struggle. because i am a dancer, that doesn't mean that you are going to be be the most flexible person in your class. and you don't have to be. if you over work yourself, you could pull a muscle, then you won't be able to dance at all! you should take it slow, nice and easy. don't get ahead of yourself. the question isn't can you touch your toes?, the question is how long can you hold it? good luck and be careful!

Sunshine sweetheart!! I am sixty, that's right! six zero. I took up clogging at 57. So you think you are too old to take up a dance form? Hah! NEVER. Mind you, I have been a dancer of one sort or another for years, and have good flexibility. You CAN do this and MUST for the sake of your later years. I am healthy as a horse. RARELY get sick and my bone density is wonderful.

Sorry to brag here, but you just must see the openings and go for them. It is definitely worth it.

of course you can! contemorary/modern is a lot more forgiving for body type than ballet. and your maturity is an advantage over young teens because your dancing will have more emotional depth, very important in comtemporary. as you dance your flexibility will naturally improve, also you can take yoga, pilates, or ballet (even though it is too late to be professional in ballet) to become more flexible and an excellent website is how.to/contort. good luck and have fun!

You can learn at any age. For flexibility you need to work, work, work. Nothing is easy in life. Whatever the goal, you set it and then you work toward it. Good luck!!

Go for it! I believe in you! Don't let anybody tell you that there is something that you can not do!

May God Bless you in New Year 2007!

Source(s): My Heart

yes work and dance very hard

YOGA will help you tremendously!!! good luck friend. U can do anything ur heart may desire!!

Source(s): Alex-Surfer Chick

just practice

go for it