Drag asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Was Al Sharpton's speech at James Brown last Appearance one of the best ever?

Listen to the speech first please and then tell me. It was one of the best ever in my opinion. Another question is James Brown equal in history compared to Martin Luther King Jr.? James Brown made it acceptable to be black in this country. In fact he was the only entertainer in his time that white people knew. He was more famous than Martin Luther King Jr. in late 50's to early 60's. He made it possible for white people to hear blacks. He was the person who said, "I'm black and I'm proud." Is he deserving to be in the history books before Martin Luther King? I think he has earned the right.

Don't tell me about his wrongs in life should exclude him from history, because early presidents in time were racist and had slaves, but never say it in history books.

Speech is at www.mtv.com on the overdrive news section. NO DIRECT LINKS!!!

On www.mtv.com overdrive news section James Brown's Final Apollo Appearance.

Favorite Answer

He is asking whether you thought Al Sharpton speech was one of the best not about Al Sharpton. The speech was a great one maybe one of the greatest. The writer is right James Brown made it right for blacks to be famous. Painted the way for music. Made blacks feel more accepted and made black pride through music. Made blacks think that anybody can do if he can. Made them stand up with Martin Luther King Jr. and march that road. While jiving to the music. Martin Luther King Jr. didn't free black people; black people freed Martin Luther King Jr. Posted it in both questions and answers :)

Source(s): I'm black and I'm proud.

couldnt disagree with you extra. all this replaced into replaced into extra liberal pap. he grabbed, shamelessly, his fifteen minutes of acceptance from the godfather whilst he had little to no longer something to do with the acceptance and fulfillment. a lot of human beings long till now james made it helpful to be black in this united states...ralph bunch...booker t washington,, and so forth. i didnt and dont decide on a black person to >>>make>>> me hear african american persons...i hear them in basic terms wonderful. I paintings with them and manage an inner city business enterprise and am nicely respected through the two the black and white human beings i paintings with. black capability is wonderful even regardless of the indisputable fact that it particularly is going to be tempered with a modicom of common experience which mr sharpton sorely lacks. he fails to make certain militantism is now no longer as neccessary as common experience and international family members to income the same effect. no guy is an island and the difficulty is different races are uninterested in paying the slavery and disadvantged debt to the nth degree. at a while you will desire to pass on and manage something of the human beings on the table from a cooperative and strong attitude.