Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

i need a phone number for the correct agency regarding death threats via e-mail.?

here is the email:

I Want you to read this message very carefully, and keep the secret with you till further notice, You have no need of knowing who i am, where am from,till i make out a space for us to see, i have being paid $30, 000.00 in advance to terminate you with some reasons listed to me by my employer,i have followed you closely for one week and three days now and have seen that you are innocent of the accussiation,Do not contact the police or try to send a copy of this to them, because if you do i will know, and might be pushed to do what i have being paid to do,beside this the first time i turned out to be a betrayer in my job.(you reminded me os somebody so dear to my soul thats why am compelled not to carry out this assignment.

Now listen,i will arrange for us to see face to face but before that i need the amount of $20,000.00 up front to be paid into an account i will forword to you once this mail is confirmed,you have nothing to be afraid of,i will come to y

Favorite Answer

In the US, 911

in the UK, 999

in Australia, 000

Do it NOW. Every would-be extortionist says, "I'll know if you went to the police, yada, yada, yada." They say that so that you don't go to the police, and pay them instead. As the other answer says, if it's serious, the police can even help with protective custody.

By the way, the writer of that e-mail sounds as if he (or possibly she) is off his (or her) onion, and is therefore dangerous.

Don't delay. Ring the cops NOW.

I received the same email today. Given the fact that so many people are receiving essentially the same thing leads me to believe it's nothing but a scam . They probably sent out hundreds, if not thousands ,of these hoping to intimidate people. If I hear from them again I'll consider notifying the authorities, but it really seems like just one more crazy email .

Ha Ha

this is pap

I get them every day

check the full email headers and get the ip of

then you can find out where it came from

i just got today 3 of the same exact emails - except offering 80000- scary- any luck in tracing source

your local Emergency, 999 uk, 911 us, etc,

if they believe its worth taking seriously they youll be put into protective custody!!!!