Hey, everyone be aware of Nigerian and south AFrican scammers online.. ?

Hey, peopel I think almost everyone have experinece or idea about Nigerian scammers that sends e-mail convincing people to send thier personal informations and stuff.. Well, if you have please share your experiences and give others tips how to avoid it.. We are all trying to prevent iddentity thefts online.. If someone doesn't know please tell him how it works.. I'm really aware of them everyday and what I do is that I report the mail as spam and never reply at all.. I think that's a great way to do it...

So please everyon never be convinced by someone to send your personal information to them...

This is how Nigerian scammers gain money online now...

aware aware... This also happens in SOuth AFrica

Favorite Answer

Best tip ever is to never respond to e-mails claiming to be from your bank, and asking you for bank details. Just delete them straight away. I keep getting requests on a dummy e-mail address from a bank I've never used.

and it happens everywhere in the world. Actually who can be idiotic enough to be convinced to give out personal information to a total stranger.

there is no excuse for idioticy, anyway most of the hackers and scammers don't come from Africa. If you are stupid enough to take his advice, you will be receiving his warning of scammers from Asia, Europe. Where exactly to you come from?

by the way I'm South African and proud too.

Ya. Thank you for telling. I received 100 e-mail from names in Africa. Names I never heard of. I love South Africa and I respect there people.

But those e-mails are real pain.

I have been receiving loads of e mails from someone in Nigeria saying that some prince or other has died and has left all his money and assests to me and I must contact them immediately, I have been deleting them but I get several a day although recvently they seem to have stopped. I have heard if you contact them they ask for a few thousand or so to cover paper work and legal fees to get the assests to you promising much more than you have given them of course you never do get it and have lost a lot of money!

• ?

I'm South African but has never come across allegations of such scams originating from South Africans. I only know of Nigerians living in South Africa doing it - mainly coz our ITC being more advanced than in Nigeria (but after all some are operating from the US). And wouldn't it be better not to lump peoples of different African countries in one smelly and dirty pot when it comes to matters of crime?

It is happening all over the world so you are being naive if you believe what this dude is saying.

Source(s): Proudly South African
  • edison

& Gambians

Good information ...Thanks!