How do you feel about jealousy ?

Have you ever felt really jealous of someone, a close friend, family member or someone you are in a relationship with. Or maybe you have had someone jealous of you....how has jealousy interferred in your life?

Favorite Answer

We've all experienced jealousy at some time in our lives, although the reasons why each of us gets jealous and the emotions we feel may differ. According to clinical psychologist Ayala Malach Pines in her book "Romantic Jealousy"

"jealousy is a complex reaction to a perceived threat to a valued relationship or to its quality". Unlike envy, it always involves a fear of loss and three people.

Jealousy is a "complex reaction" because it involves such a wide range of emotions, thoughts and behaviours. Emotions such as pain, anger, rage, sadness, envy, fear, grief, and humiliation.

Thoughts such as resentment, blame, comparison with the rival, worry about image, self-pity. Behaviours such as - feeling faint, trembling and sweating, constant questioning and seeking reassurance, aggressive actions, and even violence.

Occasional jealousy is natural and can keep a relationship alive, but when it becomes intense or irrational it can seriously damage a relationship."

yeah I have been jealous many times, but It's more of a specific thing not so much the person's life. It has never interferred with my life, usually I just sigh and move on. I never met anyone I would want to trade my life with.

i use to get jealous a bit in my relationships but i found out i was also getting myself miserble worrying about nothing basically , so how i see it i could have built a wall around my partner to stop him from getting out but in the end if he wants to get out he will find a way , so now i dont do the jealousy thing it only does more harm.

• poyner

Deffinately! 2 of my 4 will supply me this sly, offended glare from the nook of their eyes if i do no longer even out the treats/food/cuddles. the two have found out to grant particularly pathetic, tiny meows to get my interest, to which I certainly have been knowledgeable to respond to ultimate away. =P I certainly have additionally encountered those 2 get so upset with issues at situations, they behave so desirous to be the significant interest that they are going to do rediculous issues basically so people look of their direction. it is particularly unusual, even if if it jogs my memory of jelous little ones who ignore to make it look diffused. it is obviously because of the fact they're used to recieving the style of medical care. All 4 are additionally reletively dominant, and have come to assume to be the focal factor. by potential of no potential all cats might react like this. to illustrate, an exceptionally laid back cat who does not pay interest to the others. Or a cat who by no potential gets cuddles or treats. they are not unavoidably unhappy, yet basically are not used to watching for it. i think of it is not plenty jelousy because it is that catish i'm-extra beneficial-than-you high quality all of them seem to poses. yet probability is, if one seems bowled over which you're dropping your effective cuddles on the different one, it is making plans a devious 'taking on the international' scheme. Haha..

Jealousy is simply low self esteem.

Whenever I feel jealous, I ask myself "where is this coming from? - what is lacking in me to feel this way?"

jealousy sucks and im going to punch it in the face if it talks to my boyfriend again.

One of the Ten Commandments is, "Do not covet thy neighbor's goods" but it sure is hard not to when their Ferrari is parked in their driveway.

Nothing good comes from it, that's for sure. It's a weakness we need to fight for our own sakes.

• j b

It can pull relationships apart. I've also learned that when you're jealous of someone, you're not giving God thanks for all that God's given you.

after a jealousy crisis, sex is much better!