Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

I'm trying to get into Finance, What classes should I take?

I'm in my first year of cegep in Dawson College in Montreal and I'd like to go into Finance, what are the classes I should take as a base inorder to grow into a future in Finance.

Favorite Answer

It pretty much depends what degree programs your college offers. Usually Finance is its own category of study. Talk to your school's career counseling department and they can provide you with the whole list of major specific courses as well as the requirements for that chosen major. You don't have to declare your major this early in your college career, however, it wouldn't hurt. The school can provide you with all of the details.

Go see an academic dean or advisor, or someone in the Finance or Economics department (they might be the same thing) to see what the requirements are for a Finance major. 99% of colleges have mapped out what is best to take for a given area of study, and someone can work with you to figure out what is best for you specifically (international finance, economic theory, financial planning, etc.)

Shift your course into Bachelor of Arts in Accounting or Business Adminstration or Management.

Economics and business, marketing and lot's of math... Get a general ed plan from your school, it's free and very helpful.

maybe forex?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My way to financial freedom" -

http://re.awarded.in/re/top-forex-trading-links-ca...