how do you blackout?

People say they drank so much that they blackout and lose conciousness. Is that from drinking too much, or drinking too fast or both...wouldnt you vomit before that happents...whats thee story?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Blackouts are due to lack of oxygen getting to the brain.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The crazy thing about blacking out is that you can carry on deep and informative conversations while being blacked out, but your brain does not form memories of the time you are blacked out. I would say 12-15 beers in 3-4 hours can cause a black out for someone around 160 lbs. Vomiting is prob what you should do but if you are used to drinking that much your stomach will prob handle it. Every brain is diff though.

• 1 decade ago

Well, blacking out occurs from drinking enough alcohol to cause brain damage. Basically your brain temporarily loses the capability to record the memories of what occured during the alcohol toxicity.

It can be caused by drinking too much, or by drinking too fast, but usually takes a combo of the two.

A person may vomit from the amount of alcohol, but not always.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not necessarily pass out, but drink so excessively that yout can;t remember most anything what you did. "Raped a lady? I can;t remeber do ng that Your Honor, I was drunk.. "

Sorry Charle a long time ago it would work when Social Security paid alcoholics for drinking as long as they were in rehab, but not anymore.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you are not used to alcohol then you would probably vomit. if you are immune to alcohol i.e reliant on it, it is possible to blackout.

• 1 decade ago

its a lack of oxygen to the brain!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.