Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Noisy neighbours?

I live in a bedsit and three people next door have been drinking on the shared balcony for the past five hours. It's now 9:30pm and I can still hear every word they're saying. Should I approach them to take the party inside? Or grit my teeth and bare it?

Favorite Answer

I would approach them in a friendly manner and explain my needs, but I wouldn't expect any imrovement.

Hi.

Persephone, I also didn't know what a bedsit is and I looked for its definition: "A bedsit, also known as a bed-sitting room, is a form of rented accommodation consisting of a single room with a shared bathroom and lavatory."

Today I learned a new word.

Now, to the question: Try to talk to them in an amiable way. I don't know the laws concerning this in your country, but it they go on with it you may have to call the police.

Good luck!

Source(s): I also like peace and tranquility.

Whats a bedsit? Its only 9:30...its not that late.

Call the Police. That will silence them.

Good Luck :)

I would call the police because if they were drunk you would probably not be able to reason with them