Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 decade ago

My diaphragm hurts?

I can barely move. My father says it's because I'm still coughing from a cold, but I don't know if it's something more serious. It hurts when I touch below my rib cage, when I pull in my stomach, and when I throw it out. I can't take deep breaths. What should I do, and why does it hurt?

Favorite Answer

From my experience I would say Definitely pulled muscles.When you cough all the muscles in that area tense up.It feels like you may have done 300 sit-ups.You've pulled muscles unintentionally! Keep the muscles warm & relaxed,hot bath,light muscle rub,wear warm shirts.If you are on an atibiotic it will keep inflammation from settling in,if you had a severe cold.Other than that it will eventually go away.Just like after a hard work-out...the pain eventually quits.

~If you're coughing a lot, it's muscle soreness. All your symptoms point to that. Try using a heating pad and some anti inflammitory or pain pills.

Use cough syrup too. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Happy Holidays~

if you got a cough you normally get pains, if it hurts so much you cant move seek advice from a doctor!

Do you have abdominal pain, or have you narrowed the discomfort down to the 'diaphragm'? That is truly amazing.

I felt exactly that. Just go to sleep, make sure you aren't constipated (try to use the restroom), and drink fluids.

You should get it checked out by a doctor. Or somethin'.

take out the diaphragm when youre not having sex.

DUH!

If you're worried, see a doctor.