Do you think MLK day should Be caned?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am all for more holidays....

My objection is simple, why get rid of a holiday celebrating a President for anyone that wasn't?

The Government got hung around the idea of "11 Government sanctioned holidays" and simply forced Arizona to combine two Presidents day into one. If MLK deserved a day, it should not have come at the cost of a 'President' but should have been its own day instead.

Source(s): This was Arizona's only argument against MLK day by the way. In Arizona they had to remove Lincolns birthday in order to replace it with "MLK Day". Arizona's argument was simple; If you want to make a special day fine, but we're not getting rid of Lincolns Day in order to do it. In Arizona it is known as Civil Rights Day, but not MLK Day...... Bring back both Presidents Days and let MLK day replace another one instead..... If he was important enough to get a 'Day', then he should have earned the day on his own and not at the expense of a Pres... the same argument has already been made about 'Columbus Day' since it is now recognized that not only did Columbus NOT discover America..... he never even LANDED on its shores.... Minnesota has been arguing to replace Columbus Day with Leif Eriksson Day..... How about this? Let every state decide what 4 of the 12 National Holidays will be called in their state? Keep the same day, but allow the state to name its own 'important son/ daughter'?
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well, it is impossible to cane or otherwise physically accost an intangible thing like a holiday, so your question is moot.

I do not think the holiday should be gotten rid of. I think we should do more to honor our nation's heroes than to name a holiday and a street in every ghetto after them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was and still is a wonderful man. He will be remembered forever for the huge difference he made in the world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do you mean Canned ?

With a name like Bryson(spoiled little rich kid ) you should be "caned".

Why don`t you ,Biff ,Buffy and Todd go play polo.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No. You should be "caned" for asking dumb and ignorant questions.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yeah, lets get rid of any holiday that enchorages people to stand up for what's right. Then everyone can be just like you.

• 1 decade ago

This is such a white trash question, do you buy your white sheets at walmart or kmart?

• 1 decade ago

you're an idiot......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.