Lynn
Lv 4
Lynn asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

how to lighten your eyebrows?

my eyebrows are black and my hair is brown. is there home remedies/methods to lighten eyebrows? if not what store products work? because i tried using hair dye but that only stung my eyes and didnt work.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yep u can use oxygenated water, u can buy it in any local pharmacy, its also good as an antiseptic. Why wud u want them lighter newayz most girls with brown hair have black eyebrows and it looks better than if it was dyed brown neway, thats just my opinion though, if u realy want it give the oxygenated water a try, it should work fine keep it on your eyebrows for about 10 minutes, when u apply it it should start making little bubbles as well

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Never ever use hair dye on your eyebrows or eyelashes.

People dont lighten eyebrows or eyelashes. They tend to darken them. It adds deffinition to the eyes and facial features

All brown haired girls have black eyebrows. If yours are too thick and noticable then maye you should have them plucked or waxed to a nice shape . The darkness wont be as noticable with profesionally shaped eyebrows

• Jane
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

I have done it myself and from experience I wouldn't recommend it. The Jolen stuff is good for upper lip as the hairs are sparse and fine but it made my eyebrows go ginger. I then tried to dye them back and that stained my face and I couldn't get the dye out of my frown lines - honestly not a good look! Before you try anything get your eyebrows threaded into a great shape and you may well find that you don't mind them being dark. Many blondes dye their eyebrows to get the look you have naturally.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you're not meant to use hair dye on eyebrows. you can get facial bleach which is suitable to use on your eye brows. you should find it in pharamacys and department stores, or ask your beautitian if they offer it. don't leave it on for too long other wise you might lighten your eye brows just a little too much! e.g. put it on a few mins at a time, if its not light enough put some more on for a few minutes. and be careful your eyebrows don't go orange!!! good luck!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

little foundation lightly rubbed through your eyebrows and brushed through with an old toothbrush will instantly lighten them. Use an old clean toothbrush to slick unruly eyebrows into shape.

Good Luck

• 1 decade ago

Do not use hair dye! It can blind you. Go to a cosmetologist and get them lightened. They will make them look the most natural.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sally Hensen makes an eye brow lightner and it takes less than 5 minutes to take effect.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try goin to a hair dresser to help you out...its hard to do it by yourself...but i guess hair dye will work good if u use it n apply oit correctly

• 1 decade ago

I AM NOT SURE OF THAT . MAYBE JUST TRY GOING TO A BEAUTY SALON AND ASK WHAT THEY CAN DO.

• 1 decade ago

tie helium balloons to them (sorry)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.