A bizarre love triangle?

I was introduced to this guy by another girlfriend of mine. She wants to matchmake me with him. I don't have much experience in relationships but I can tell he kinda likes me. I didn't like him at first but my affections for him develops when we become closer. Then later, I've been getting all these weird info from my friends that they often see the guy I like with my girl friend who tried to matchmake us. It seems like they've been going out together many times SECRETLY. I don't want to believe what I heard. But I decided to confront my girl friend on this. When I asked her whether she has feelings for this guy or not, she just got upset. She didn't answer yes or no but she said I was insincere. Ok, I don't know what I did wrong in this situation. But all I know is I feel betrayed by my friend and the man I love. Why is this happening to me?

Has this ever happen to you?

Favorite Answer

Ask the guy?? Better yet ask them both when all three of you are together--If you don't get a clear answer then just bow out---

• Poopy

No, it's never happened to me - at least, not exactly like you've laid it out here, but rest assured that something similar happens to all of us, sooner or later. So I don't know that you've actually done anything to make this happen, other than maybe making poor choices in love and/or friendship. Learn from your mistakes so that you don't repeat them.

A couple of things to think about: first, men may come, and men may go, but a good girlfriend lasts forever. Second, how good of a girlfriend is she really, if she'd do something like that to you? And third, maybe there is something about your personality that attracts people who think they can take advantage of you, or maybe the guy and your friend have some kind of weird relationship going on and you got sucked into their games.

Bottom line: concentrate on YOU becoming healthy, whole, and happy (seek psychological counseling to help - it certainly can't hurt!), and you will attract others (both male AND female) who are the same. Relationships are a helluva lot easier when all parties are healthy!

In the meantime, I wish you peace.

Never fall in Love at first sight. Look for somebody else there are lots out there. Good Luck!

This is happening to you because you have not honed your ability to judge people's characters very well yet. Your so-called friend is not a friend, and the so-called man you love is a jerk.

I have no idea who is a girl and who is guy. One person sounds like both to me, or could be either.

This has never happened to me, but I think you should just forget them both.

yeah i agree, people are shady if she was truly a friend she shouldn't be SECRETLY or NOT SECRETLY seeing your man it's shady...she should find her own man. she's probably jealous of you anyways and wants to see if she can steal your man, girls are shady thats life