Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

how do i find a soldier overseas?

i recently found out i was pregnant and i need to contact the father. i am worried that if i go directly to the base where he was stationed they might not give me an address to send a letter, and take it upon themselves to inform him of this 'change in plans' for lack of better words. can anybody help me out?

Favorite Answer

When I was in the service, you could contact service people through your local Red Cross. Don't know for sure anymore if that system is still up and running.

Most military bases should be able to forward a letter on. Try to write the letter to the base he was on, I'd maybe suggest asking them anyway. (Given your situation, what have you got to lose!) I'm surprised you didn't get a phone number or email though, there's always that option.

• Contact the Red Cross. They will help you get in touch with him. I know this because my father, both of my brothers, two of my brothers in law and my sister are all military! Best wishes to you and your baby.

How do we know it is his kid. And anyway, haven't women been fighting for choice for years. Why should this guy have to worry about a one night stand. If you were getting an abortion would you be hunting him down to offer the child to him, I doubt it. Your just trying to get your hooks into him for part of his pay.

FIRST OF ALL, DON'T TELL THEM THE REASON WHY YOU WANT THE GUYS INFORMATION. SECOND, CALL THE STATION AND SPEAK TO THE SGT. TELL HIM YOUR CONCERN AND HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DIRECT YOU ON THIS. THEY ARE NICE EDUCATED PEOPLE. I'M SURE THEY CAN HELP YOU ON THIS. GOOD LUCK.

• Z

email me offline,. I'll see what i can do

EDIT: I cant reply to your emial as yahoo says you haven't veryfied your email yet. i will try again,.. or you can email me from a real email source at this address thesickestofthesick@yahoo.com

ma'am ....give me your name and I will write it in every portapotty on this base, he should be getting a hold of you shortly.