what are american painters suppose to do due to immigration?

its getting worse every year I am thinking about quiting painting. I have been painting for 20 years I am now 40 what are all the other american construction workers doing now. I rarely see any anymore

Favorite Answer

They are in every wake of life. I am sure that the pro-illegals are now going to tell you that you are a horrible painter who overcharges and that is why your failing. Well to them I say this, it is cheaper for a buisnessman to pay an illegal $12 and hour than to pay a legal citizen $10. How can this be possible you ask? Well I will tell you.

The cost of firing an employee in an uncontested manner costs the employer about $3000. Firing an illegal alien, free. Hiring a legal worker costs money for the interview process, drug testing, outfitting and training. Nobody interviews, tests, or trains illegals. And if you have seen the work many (not all) of them do, well I have never seen a floor waxed so poorly in all my life and I waxed floors without training for three years.

So why do they get the jobs, cheap labor, nobody cares if they get hurt, and you can get twenty illegals to paint your house in a few hours for the same cost as it takes to send three legal workers over, since there is a $6,000+ bill that most people don't see going to the employer for the legals.

I own my own Painting business in Orlando Florida. I have my C license and I am not quiting just because immigrants want to be painters too. I am the Contractor they are the Sub-contractors so that says much weather I allow it to become a mayor problem. I give jobs, the immigrants don't give me the jobs.

I'm not being funny at all when I say to apply for a district sales position at Sherwin-Williams, Glidden, Dutch Standard, Porter, or any of the other biggies. After 20 years, I'm sure you know your product and your field. I used to be a painter, and I employed similar tactics. DO IT NOW! God Bless and good luck.

Retire and move to mexico

maby if you do a good job at a reasonable price you will get more work