I checking out a girl 5 years younger than me, am I getting weird ?

I am 23 years old and currently doing Postgraduation in IITB, due to rigourous studies and my conservative background I have never dated and hence I dont have any girl friend. Lately I met a girl who is just 18 years old and I am now being attracted towards a girl who is 5 years younger than me. I think I am getting weird by being attracted towards such a young girl, but I can't stop thinking about her, what should I do ?

• Z
    Favorite Answer

Once your an adult... age becomes more and more irrelevant the older you get.... date whoever, whenever whereever,. and eventually,. hopefully find someone your compatible with,. age aside...

As long as she is 18 there isn't any issue except for the one you seem to be making for yourself. I was worried that when you wrote I am interest in a girl five years younger than yourself you were going to say you were 18 and she was 13 - that would be a problem (big-time). Currently I am seeing someone who is 31 and I am 40 (9 years). At a certain point age does matter anymore - the only thing that matters is that the two of you can communicate and are comfortable with each other. You and her are at an time in your lives that age is just a number.

Good Luck!!!

• shy

go after her tell her how you feel. so what if she is younger then you age is nothing but a number as long as you can't go to jail for being with them. live life. you never had a girl friend and she is young and you cant stop thinking of her there are sparks you only live life once so do it don't live it wondering if your making the right dasion. you lurne from your mistakes. blessed be

It is a widely established fact that girls are typically 3 years or so more mature than men.

5 years younger really isnt a problem. You are both adults.

Do you like her because she has elements you are looking for in a partner or because she is young? It's only weird if you are going for her because you see her as young and innocent. Those are better qualities in children than in lovers.

Some guys go for younger women because they do impress them with their maturity. Does she see you as a "daddy"?

If you two can be on equal footing then, no it's not weird.

It's only weird if you were attracted to her because she's 5 years younger than you.

• Sax M

That's OK. That's normal. I look at girls that are 10 ~15 years younger than me, provided she's of legal age. Younger girls are hotter and dumber. You can't ask for anything more.

• avavu

My husband is 9 years older than me.Been married for 12 years.We have 2 children.Age difference was never an issue.If anything i am more grown up than he is.Does this sound weird to you?

you are 23 and she is 18....as long as she is of leagal age (which she is) 5 years apart is nothing. talk to her and see how she feels. could be the start of something great. if not, at least you know where you stand and wont wonder "what if?" forever.

Hey dont be weird!!!!its alright... i have known couples who have an age difference of 10 years or more... so just go ahead... all the best...

Just remember Half your age and add 7. If she is that old or older it is ok. So if she is 18 1/2 or older you are good to go.