Unable to Concieve from last 6 months.All Tests Normal.?

hey all,

We are trying to concieve from last 6 months and before that we were doing protected intercourse. for 1 year.

But we are unable to concieve.We went for some basic Tests and everything is fine. which includes,Hormone test, Semen Test, Insulin, Follicular Monitoring and all normal tests.

My wife is still taking medicine asprescribed by Gynecologists.

Can anyone help me..........??????

Thanks in Advance.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

It took me a year to get pregnant after i stopped taking the depo shot that i had been on for 3 years prior to that,Don't worry you have only been trying for 6 months.

How to get Pregnant Faster – Top Ten Tips

1. Have sex three times a week.

Having regular sex is the best way to get pregnant. Couples often try to time everything perfectly for ovulation but do not have sex when they think they are not ovulating. It is true that sex that is not within the time of ovulation will not result in pregnancy. However, because women do not always ovulate when they think they will, having sex three times a week will help to a woman cover her bases, so to speak, and not miss an opportunity to get pregnant.

2. Use an ovulation prediction kit or fertility monitor.

Using an ovulation kit to predict when you are ovulating will improve your chances of getting pregnant. For many women charting or other methods of ovulation prediction are too confusing. Ovulation prediction kits work by reading LH surges prior to ovulation. They are relatively easy to use and are generally accurate for predicting ovulation. Fertility monitors, such as the Clear Blue Easy monitor, are also a worthwhile investment if you would like to get pregnant faster. Fertility monitors are similar to ovulation prediction kits in that they read changes in LH but they also read changes in other hormones and don’t require any guesswork for couples. They are easy to use and will tell you when the best time to get pregnant is.

3. Have sex before ovulation (not after).

Sometimes couples get confused about the best time to have sex in relationship to ovulation. You have a small window of time each month to get pregnant. After a woman ovulates the egg will survive approximately 24 hours. Sperm, on the other hand, will live for up to three to five days. This is why having sex two to three days before ovulation will increase your chances of getting pregnant. Don’t wait until the day you ovulate to have sex. Your partner’s sperm will last longer than your egg and you don’t want to miss an opportunity by waiting.

4. Don’t rely on the Calendar method for predicting ovulation.

A lot of couples have heard to have sex around day fourteen of your cycle. This is based on the calendar method and assumes that you have a regular 28-day cycle and ovulate mid-cycle. Although this is better than just picking an arbitrary day to have sex, it is not a very accurate way to predict when you ovulate. Many women do not ovulate on day fourteen and knowing precisely when you ovulate will help you time intercourse better. Ovulation prediction kits, looking at previous months bbt charts, or watching for body cues will help you to determine when you ovulate.

5. Charting may not be the best way to predict ovulation.

Charting is great for tracking your cycle but it does have disadvantages. By the time you can see ovulation on a bbt chart, you have already ovulated. It is good to chart so you can track your cycles, see if you ovulate the same time each month, and also so you can look back on your cycle and see if you timed things right. But if this is your first cycle trying to get pregnant or if you are not ovulating at the same time each month, an ovulation prediction kit would be more helpful.

6. See a doctor before you start trying to get pregnant.

Make sure you are in good health and have had a regular check up from your OBGYN or medical provider. Untreated infections, sexually transmitted diseases, or poor health can affect your chances of getting pregnant. Its good to see a doctor as well as start taking prenatal vitamins prior to trying to conceive.

7. Don’t smoke, drink alcohol, or abuse drugs when trying to get pregnant.

This may seem like common sense but many women do try to get pregnant while smoking, drinking or using drugs. Smoking, drugs, and alcohol can affect your fertility. It will also affect your unborn child. It is important to stop smoking or using drugs and alcohol before getting pregnant and not wait until you find out you are pregnant.

8. Have enjoyable sex.

Sometimes when couples are trying to conceive, sex becomes a job or function of reproduction and is not as enjoyable. Plan a romantic evening or try something different to spice things up. How you are feeling sexually may factor into your chances of getting pregnant. Some researchers believe that having an orgasm during sex increases your chances of getting pregnant. For women, the spasmic movements of orgasm will help pull the sperm into the uterus and for men a better orgasm may increase the man’s sperm count.

9. Have sex in positions that keep sperm inside the vagina longer.

The missionary position is a good position to use when trying to get pregnant. Avoid positions where the woman is on top. Gravity will allow sperm to leak out with these positions. Also try placing a pillow under your hips to help tilt your pelvis and keep the sperm in longer. Don’t get up right after sex. Try to relax and allow the sperm to stay in the vagina as long as possible.

10. There is no such thing as trying too hard to get pregnant.

Most couples get pregnant within a year of trying. If you have not gotten pregnant within a year consult your doctor for advice.

http://www.justmommies.com

Source(s): *ButterFlyAngel*
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know you've probably heard all this before, but sometimes it just takes time, and 6 months isn't really that long. My fiance and I have been trying for 12 months and one of my close friends tried for 5 years before getting pregnant.

During each cycle there is only a 1 in 5 chance of getting pregnant, and if you smoke or drink a lot of caffeine containing drinks (like coffee) your chances are even less.

Has your wife tried charting her cycles, including basal body temperatures and cervical positions and fluids? By charting these monthly a good prediction can be made for following months when ovulation is likely to occur and take the appropriate measures for conception (and have fun while you're at it, don't make it a chore).

A good website for tracking fertility is www.fertilityfriend.com

Good Luck!

Source(s): Trying to concieve for 12 months, and charting fertility for 2
  • Judi
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

My husband and I tried for three years. We didn't have any tests done...we figured if it was meant to be, it would happen. I was in the habit of getting up to use the restroom right after sex (because it can prevent UTI's). The night that I got pregnant, I fell asleep instead of getting up to go to the restroom. It was hard to believe it could be something so simple...but three years later, there was a night when I broke my usual routine and just fell asleep afterwards...and my second baby was conceived. I'm not saying it's the solution for everyone, but your wife might try not getting up after sex on her peak fertile nights, if she has the habit of doing that too.

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

HI Mate.....depending on what the gyno has prescribed your wife, i would just chill for abit longer...say 1 or 2 months...because fertility drugs still work within a woman's natural cycle, so if all is well on the test front,and you guys are using something like Clomid, which is very common, your chances are good to fall soon if that drug is right for you.We fell on 2nd cycle but were still as frustrated as hell.Make sure you understand what is going on so you don't feel like a "dispenser"..Sorry for crudeness!good luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

ok here some Turkish folklore for you. My wife says she got pregnant with our first by hanging her up feet up on the wall or propped them up on the bedpost. Kept her feet elevated. Said it helped them swim.

• 1 decade ago

well dear nothing to worry till 12 months try.just relax and have fun dont give stress to urselves.believe u'll get the good news soon.God bless.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.