Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 1 decade ago

attn: computer guys: I bought a cheap mp3 player, downloaded 30 songs...and now computer won't recognize it!

Okay, at Bath and Body works I bought a cheapie mp3 player, yes Iknow...it works fine. all the sudden my usb port doesn't recognize it. When I plug it in it says "usb device not recognized"

Under the "unknown device" that pops up it says: No drivers are installed for this device.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO IN EASY TERMS? THANKS AHEAD OF TIME! : )

Favorite Answer

There might be few possibilites:

1. Does ur mp3 player need any software installation on ur pc to connect to USB? If yes, then try reinstalling the drivers from ur cd. If no, then see below points

2. Check out if u are able to use the USB port with other devices. Problem with the USB port is likely as well.

3. Check ur USB cable

or

4.Ur mp3 player lived it's life.

Best of luck

Chances are it just died ... try it in another computer to see if it is the MP3 player or your USB connection ..... you might also try it in another USB slot on your Comp .... it's worth a try ... but to me it sounds like it just died

re-install software or purchase a new usb cable