Why does my 10 year old son rock from side to side and has trouble speaking?

Favorite Answer

So many things could cause this! You should take him to a doctor or hospital IMMEDIATELY.

He may be epilectic and having small seizures, which are incredibly dangerous untreated. Has he been tested for allergies? This may be a cause as well. Is he on medication of some kind?

Please, take care of this as soon as is humanly possible. It may be something small but I wouldn't take any chances.

Best of luck.

It could be a form of autism we have a foster child in our home who rock back and forth and talks more like a bay she is 15 and was diagnosed with autism at a young age just get him checked out just to be sure

He may have a mild form of autism,, there is a higher % of it in boys than girls,,it usually starts to show by the age of two or three.. because that's when they should start talking, and sometimes they do talk or say some words,, and then they just stop..

Source(s): check it out on the web, ,www.autism.com

I would get him checked by a doctor it sounds like signs of autism.Not to scare you but I went to school with a boy that did the same thing that was autistic.

He needs to be evaluated by the school psychologist, occupational therapist, and speech pathologist. They can determine just which disorder(s) your son may have and develop appropriate intervention. Ask the principal to arrange it.

Source(s): I was a speech pathologist.

yes it sounds like a form of autism, i would take him to the doctors just to get it checked out. don't worry about it though it is very well known about these days there are plenty of things to control it

that sounds very much like autism. if he is shy in social situations, seems to be in his own world, and makes little eye contact, you may want to take him to a professional and have him officially diagnosed.

Source(s): 10+ years working with autistic kids

You might want to get that checked out, cause I heard that could be a tumor in the brain