Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Do you ever do something "out of the norm" at a doctors/dentists?

Do you do abnormal things at a doctor or dentists and they think you're totally nuts? For instance, I ask for a thyroid neck guard if they are going to xray me and they look at me like I"m nuts...what they've never heard of thyroid cancer from radiation before? I also refuse fluroide and my dentist totally respects w/o questions, but others think I'm nuts. The allergist wanted me to get allergy shots and I said "no I like to do things naturally" he thought I was crazy.

Favorite Answer

yes, one time i walked out of his chair after he gruffly told me I needed all four wisdom teeth pulled out and recommended some oral surgeon. He acted so surprised that I didn't follow his advice, AND it's been over 10 years and the wisdom teeth have never given me any problems.

another time I was having a root canal and the numbing didn't take good so I was screaming as he drilled and he asked if I could please just "raise my hand" if it hurt. I just kept screaming. Give me a break, i guess it was bad advertising for the people in the waiting room.

When I was pregnant with my first child my doctor wanted to induce the birth . That is that they inject a hormone (pitocine) that accelerates childbirth. I asked why, if there was something wrong with the baby, and he said that the baby was OK. I said no, and he was angry at me. The next day I began to have natural contractions and my child was born naturally. I changed doctors after that. A few yrs later he was in the news because he was accused of making unnecessary C sections.

• kitt

Happiness and delight unquestionably require attempt, conflict, and SACRIFICE. would not rely how long you have been married. in case you have not positioned an attempt into something it is not in any respect friendly and would not reason you happiness long term. you will basically be happy in case you place attempt into your relationship daily, and in case you detect somebody who does a similar. regrettably our society is rotten with ENTITLEMENT and LAZINESS, extremely in relationships. those are the final enemies of delight and happiness. The very concept of 'fortunately ever after" smacks of entitlement. In different words lots of ladies folk have faith that when marriage occurs the interest is over and that they are actually entitled to love and dedication without attempt. Marriage is neither a assure of secure practices nor does it mean you will desire to end working and sacrificing to your relationship a similar way you probably did in the previous marriage.

You may find a more like-minded dentist using a search service like this one....

www.pick-a-dentist.com

Never...