How can I save my cell phone after it has gotten wet?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Take the battery out, dry all with paper towel, then with hair dryer. Wait a day, put battery back in and it shoud be fine.

    Source(s): My daughter slobbed mine and messed it up, did the above and it works fine now.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Remove the Battery. Use a towel to remove as much of the water as possible. [Then] set it on the back of your computer monitor or TV screen over the heat vents. This is usually the perfect amount of heat to fix your phone. The convection action of the heat vents will help carry away the moisture in your phone. Leave the phone on the heat for at least 2-3 days.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I did the same thing but i drooped it while taking a piss in the toilet and i picked it up real quick went a little crazy for a couple hours but after that it was find is also depends who makes the phone too

    • Login to reply the answers
  • smolen
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    Take each and every thing out of the telephone like your battery, battery conceal, and sim card and placed it in a bag of rice. in case you do not have rice you could placed it in a towel. bypass away it in there for a minimum of an afternoon or as much as 3 days. Then the factors must be dried out and it would artwork oftentimes.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, you can fix it, but i recommend you dry it. This is because if you leave the phone on and its okay, the water will affect the circuit and the circuit will break. The water will cause it to short circuit the phone and the whole phone will have to be replaced.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    if your phone can be saved, 9/10 times you just need to open it up, and leave it somewhere warm (room temp) and dry. dont leave it somewhere humid or you'll get a build-up of condensation- and thats bad. so just take off the battery cover, battery, memory/sim cards, and case if you can, and leave them on a soft cloth somewhere were it won't be disturbed.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    TURN IT OFF!!!!

    remove the battery and let it dry for about a week...

    oh.. this is if it just got wet in clean water... if not.. you will need to turn it off, take out the battery and then wash it in clean water before you let it dry for a week.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Keep it OFF. Turn it off and keep it that way. Let the water dry. Other than that, there is little to no solution.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You can`t.

    The sim card can be saved [sometimes] but never the phone.

    Looks like you`re gonna` have to get a new one. :[

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    LET IT DRY...IMMEDIATELY GET A HAIR DRYER...OR ANYTHING THAT WILL DRY OUT THE WATER...TAKE OFF THE BATTERY ALSO. LET THEM DRY FOR LIKE 24 HRS.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.