Going Dutch on New Years eve.?

Basically I'm going out with my girlfriend on new years eve to a club where the drinks are going to be very expensive.

I know that it's seen as un-gentlemen like and unchilverious if the guy doesn't pay for the drinks, but I really won't be able to afford to pay for her drinks and mine.

I was going to ask her to go dutch with the drinks, do people think this is ok?

To avoid being a cheapskate I was going to offer to buy and cook dinner for her (which will be a lot less than paying for drinks!)

Also has anyone got any advice for how to approach the subject of going dutch?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Favorite Answer

i dont think it would be wrong for you to ask her of that, besides, just explain your financial situation,and how youll pay for dinner. im sure shell understand :) most girls dont mind paying for their own stuff, i know i hate my guy spending money on me :)

Just be honest with her and explain the situation! She'll appreciate the honesty! But do it soon so you guys can figure out what your doing for New year's!!!