Will a dog kill my friend's house rabbit?

Will the dog co-habit with their house rabbit?

Favorite Answer

Dogs and rabbits can get along but personally I'd never leave them unattended together. It takes one split second for the worst to happen.

Yes a dog can kill the rabbit, don't trust the dog. If the rabbit starts to run around, the dog will chase and pounce and possibly kill the rabbit - it is nature. Keep the rabbit in a cage away from the dogs reach.

Depends on the dogs personality. The dog might be curious, sniff around and then leave the bunny alone, such as an older dog. Plus, the dog would be entering the bunny's terrority so another reason why the dog might not bother it. However, others might get too playful and hurt the bunny unintentionally.

Personally, to save finding out the answer the hard way, perhaps keep the dog away. If something bad did happen, it could be a disaster for the bunny and your friendship.

Don't take ANY chances. My aunt's Standard Poodle got ahold of my bunny rabbit Boots. He was the most friendiest rabbit ever; and the nicest.(I've had 5 before.) Anyways ; but yes the dog could/and might get ahold of the rabbit.

Yes. All of my dogs love to kill rabbits.

it matters on your dog. does he have a high prey drive? has he ever been around small furry animals? most dogs i know would instinctively go after the rabbit. the big ones would kill it easily while the little ones would just harrass it or injure it. i wouldn't even risk it.

No this is not going to happen...nature is going to step in and do what it is does and the dog will kill the rabbit. Don't tempt it, you already know what the outcome will be.

well not to be nasty but my rabbit got out of its cage and i was gona lamost all day at appoinments and i cam home and my rabbit was dead in the living room floor and i had obtopsy done on it and it died cuz they were chasing it around the house and it gave him a heart attack and my ex boyfrineds little sister her bunny got out and the chewed its head off so be carfull not a good idea..

always:mimi

Dogs can be playfully vicious at times--- wouldn't trust them with a rabbit--- it's like giving a baby a puppy, they will strangle it to death.

rabbits are nasty to keep in the house. they are just rats with long ears. many dogs will tear them apart, thankfully. keeps the rodent population down.