What's wrong with cussing/ cursing?

People get offended when you do it and your parents would punish you when you were younger, what exactly makes those words that bad? Like the f word or dammit.

Favorite Answer

There is a place and time...Don't mean to be trite but really, in a restaurant where children can hear you is uncool. I like the S word myself. My 2 yr old daughter said it right after mommy. It's cute now but...WhenI was dating, I hated it when men cussed a lot. It's cheap, like sarcasm. Witty is so much better.

Because society has decided that certain words and/or phrases are not to be used in polite company, so you either comply or find yourself an outcast. And like most fashions, it changes. Or the list of proscribed words differs from country to country. It's a thorny subject!

There is also the point that 'cursing' in the witchcraft sense of the word, can not only harm the person you curse, but might rebound back on you.

Although I do not curse myself, I don't believe that the word in it self is wrong. It is the intention behind using it that makes it so bad - to hurt, to humiliate and so on. Some words has become a habit to use in day to day conversations, now that's just plain lack of social skills and vocabulary. There are so many other, more socially acceptable ways of expressing once feelings.

i'll always remember my fifth grade teacher lecturing about bad words. he said to think,it's just a word,what makes it "dirty"?your mind does!,actually said the "filthy" is all in the mind.a lesson,i believe to teach that it's all how you perceive,or interpret it.to think open minded,and not be offended by derogatory or dirty name calling or slurs for that same ideology.

Source(s): am forty now,and still integrate "cuss" into my vernacular prose nonchalantly.the teacher went on to accept numerous awards,he WAS a good teacher.really made a good fuckin' difference for a lot of kids.

some people find it offensive, like saying whats wrong with farting in front of people its natural

i guess cuz those are words that we use to express anger. n expressing anger is bad...i dunno...