If your license is suspended in one state, are there other states you can start over fresh and new?

Massachusetts sucks a$$.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There is no interstate compact regarding traffic records. So your traffic record should be clear in any state you move to, provided you have not received any citations in that state. There is, however, a nation-wide system of placing a hold on your license to either replace or renew your license. This 'stopper' cannot be removed until ALL outstanding citations have been paid and any orders from the judge fully complied.

Source(s): Law Clerk- Criminal & Traffic Division
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

They ask you if you have ever had a license or driving privilege suspended in another state when you get your license. So your choices are lie or live with the consequences. Of course if you lie you are committing fraud and I am guessing it could even be on the felony level so I wouldn't recommend that.

• 1 decade ago

No sorry but If one state suspends you it goes on your record. You can always try to get another one but they will ask if you have a prior license in another state and if you say no they will find out and then you will get in more troble for trying to get a new one which would be driving illegally.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so. My brother got his suspended in Oregon and wanted to move back to Washington but they said he couldn't get a new one in Washington until he got a new one in Oregon.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

nope your license record follows you where ever u go

• 1 decade ago

nope, unless you got the Mexican connection to fake documents...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.